Monday, July 5, 2010

A few thoughts...

Hi everyone! Hope you had a safe and fun Fourth of July. I will be pretty busy in the coming week so I will try to post as much as possible. For tonight, I found a few links that were worth sharing...

NASA's foremost goals now include "improving relations with the Muslim world"... WHAT?!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07/05/nasa-chief-frontier-better-relations-muslims/

Obama also wants NASA to "help them feel good about their historic contribution to science ... and math and engineering". Wow. Instead of furthering space exploration we're... patting Muslim nations on the back. Great job guys, keep up the good work. Lord help us...



Nancy Pelosi never ceases to amaze me. Now unemployment checks, she believes, are the greatest stimulus to the economy. Again, I say, WHAT?!

The greatest stimulus to our free market capitalist economy are lower taxes... lower taxes that allow small business to HIRE employees... which in turn will put money BACK into the pockets of those previously unemployed... who will then SPEND money on items they need... in turn creating more supply and demand. Common sense.

And just think of how many jobs would actually be available to LEGAL US CITIZENS if those present ILLEGALLY in this country were removed. I find it sad that when it comes to jobs, those here ILLEGALLY take priority over legal, taxpaying citizens.

Just a thought. Have a great week! :)

3 comments:

  1. Sarah, you are a girl after my own heart (& namesake) :). I am not that "old" but the internet was just starting out when I was in highschool and blogging certainly didn't exist back then (1995). But I was very much like you and still am. Must be the power of our name :) Keep the good fight. I remember wearing black the day President Clinton was elected... and oh, if I only knew how bad it would get... but you can't under estimate that slippery slope now can you? Keep up the good work... and keep thinking for yourself and the morons around us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i see your lower taxes argument, But with lower taxes there will be less school funding, less scholarship and fafsa funding, and less kids taking advantage of an education. And to the person who commented before me, calling someone with opposing views a "moron" is extremely narrow-minded and, frankly, rude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous...
    I am not seeing the connection between taxes and education. No one is "entitled" to an education in this country... why should taxpayers have to pay for the college education of others in addition to their own children? Public schools are funded by local taxes, of course, but there are very few scholarships funded by taxpayers--most are given by private institutions.

    Being an American allows anyone to take advantage of an education; a little hard work and sweat will get anyone through college. It won't be easy, no, but the fact that life is never easy always tends to be an inconvenient fact.

    And as for the previous post that Anonymous took offense to... I've had plenty of comments on my blog calling me ignorant, rude, etc etc... but at the end of the day it really doesn't matter. If I didn't want to be come in contact with potentially offensive material, I'd lock myself in my room every day. Kudos to Sarah P. for actually posting her name.

    We practice the First Amendment to the fullest extent on Present Day Patriots; free speech is paramount here. So...if you're offended by opinions and the comments of others, Present Day Patriots may not be the blog for you.

    ReplyDelete