Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Hi again everyone! Ok, my long absences are starting to get ridiculous. But it's almost 2011 (my graduation year!) and my New Years Resolution will to try to post more often here (I'm making no guarantees though!). I hope you all had a great Christmas. I did, and I am enjoying a much needed break from school and all things requring mental activity...but I missed blogging!

Speaking of Christmas...I have been thinking quite a bit about how much I enjoyed spending it at home with my family, with our tree and lights, annual Christmas Eve crab cakes (yum!) and other fun stuff...and how many of America's greatest heroes are deprived of that cherished family time this holiday season because they are serving overseas. It makes me realize how lucky I am. I could ramble on all day of how their sacrifice and dedication has given every one of us so much, but there really are no words to express my gratitude to our armed forces. Remember that they have put their lives on hold to serve, and put their lives on the line daily, in defense of our nation. To any present or past soldiers reading this, thank you! :)

I've spoken of Soldiers Angels in a previous blog post, but I'd like to bring it up again. In 2011, make a difference in the life of someone who is fighting for your freedom. There are various ways to get involved at www.soldiersangels.com... you can either Adopt A Soldier, or if you are not wanting that commitment, join a team, such as the Letter Writing Team. It is rewarding to simply put my feelings down on paper and thank deployed soldiers for what they are doing, even though I may never hear back from them. Consider it in the coming year...you'll be glad you did. :)

Well that's all for now, I'll try to post again soon... until then, a few interesting quotes by 30th US president Calvin Coolidge!

"Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong."
"Industry, thrift and self-control are not sought because they create wealth, but because they create character."
"Patriotism is easy to understand in America. It means looking out for yourself by looking out for your country."
"The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten."

No comments:

Post a Comment