Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Remembering December 7th

Today I hope everyone will stop and remember the significance of this day. It's not just another Wednesday, but December 7th. Seventy years ago today, a vicious attack was carried out by Japanese forces against our nation, taking the lives of over 2000 service men and bringing the United States into World War II. In our fast-paced, busy lives we tend to forget about the magnitude of this attack and its importance, so I hope you'll take a moment to reflect. Thank you to those of the "Greatest Generation" who paid the ultimate price in defense of our freedom, and an equally as grateful thank you to those who continue to readily serve our country in the armed forces today!




In honor of this day, I want to again mention Soldiers Angels. Soldiers Angels is an organization that I have been priviliged to be involved with for the past year. Throughout that year, I have been able to directly support our men and women serving overseas by writing letters and sending care packages. I have made some great friends and being involved with S.A has truly changed my life. I hope you'll consider becoming involved with Soldiers Angels in some way, if you're able. If not, take a minute to thank a veteran! www.soldiersangels.org (If the link doesn't work, just copy and paste or google "Soldiers Angels"!)

I'm happy to announce that my last letter to the editor was printed in the Webster Journal! When I get a copy of the printed edition I will post a picture on the blog. Thanks for reading, have a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment