Thursday, March 25, 2010

"Abridgements of freedom..."

Hi everyone! I have returned from the West Coast... and what do you know, it's raining in Missouri. Wish I was back on the beach!

Anyway, I just wanted to post a quick update since I have been gone for a few days. I found a quote by James Madison that is shockingly applicable to the recent passage of "Obamacare"... read it and think about the reprecussions of this government-expanding legislation... and the future "reforms" that the left has in store for this country.

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." - James Madison

I pray that those believe the government "knows better" than the American people and those that believe the government is capable of "taking care" of the American people and their families realize, before jumping on the Obama bandwagon, that NOTHING in life is "free".

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah, excellent observation and good reading of Madison :-)

    ReplyDelete