Monday, August 9, 2010

"Keep the Change"

Hi everyone! Hope you all have been having a lovely summer! I have been pretty busy lately; last week I toured Webster University for the second time. I really enjoyed it and have applied there... we'll see where that leads! :)

I have some interesting stuff to share with you tonight. While driving I heard a song on the radio, called "Keep the Change" by Darryl Worley. It speaks for itself, and I think it really puts into words what a lot of Americans are feeling. But it on iTunes and share it with your friends, especially those who have yet to "wake up." Here are the lyrics:

If you see me hold my hand over my heart
Before I start the pledge of allegiance
There's a reason
It's to honor those who died

And if you see me close my eyes and bow my head
Before I break bread with my family
It ain't a habit, it's important
It's my right.

I work half the year for me
The other half for uncle sam
While he's bailin' out those sinkin' ships
And drownin' the little man.

I watch the news and have to wonder
If this country's goin' crazy
Talkin' 'bout how much they love it here
But how they want to rearrange it

I'm just your average joe
And that makes me smart enough to know
There's a bunch of us out here
That feel the same

Wanna keep our God, our freedom
A little money in the bank

Y'all can keep the change.

Now the fat cats on the hill actin' so brilliant
Ain't smart enough to notice
That we're angry
And that America's in trouble

If they don't wise-up and stop
Bustin' out the blocks that were laid
As a foundation well our nation
Could wake up in a pile of rubble

They say we're makin' progress
But it's a big old shame to me

Common sense ain't near as common
As it used to be


I watch the news and have to wonder
If this country's goin' crazy
Talkin' 'bout how much they love it here
But how they want to rearrange it

Well I'm just your average joe
And that makes me smart enough to know
There's a bunch of us out here
That feel the same

Wanna keep our God, our freedom
A little money in the bank

Y'all can keep the change.

I bet our grandpas are gettin' dizzy
Down there in their graves
Rollin' over and over
Over what's goin' on these days

I watch the news and have to wonder
If this country's goin' crazy
Talkin' 'bout how much they love it here
But how they want to rearrange it

I'm just your average joe
And that makes me smart enough to know
There's a bunch of us out here
That feel the same

Gonna keep our god our freedom
A little money in the bank

Y'all can keep the change
Just keep the change
Y'all can keep the change.

A friend shared this movie trailer with me on Facebook...I don't watch too many movies, but I think this one, "I Want Your Money" will be one of those proverbial "must sees"....



In the meantime, I encourage everyone to keep working hard every day so you can fund future Obama vacations...oh, did I just say that? Yes, I think I did. Note sarcasm.

I don't know about you, but I'm glad that our tax dollars can fund an almost $400,000 trip for Mama and Daughter O to Spain. Must be nice. Glad I can help out. Anytime.

As always, thanks for reading! Tell your friends and neighbors about PDP... regardless of their political stance. I'm not afraid of a little debate here and there...as far as I know, we still have our right to free speech and I intend to take full advantage.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if Darryl Worley pays taxes? I'm self-employed and show a yearly profit that is big enough for comfort but small enough to qualify for the saver's credit, which places me squarely in the middle of America financially as well as geographically. My taxes have gone down $900 since Obama took office.

    I've also been around (just) long enough to realize that every administration uses tax money in ways I don't like. It depresses me to think that all the taxes I have paid in my life so far would not pay for Michelle's stupid vacation, or even one of Laura Bush's more conservative ones (ha, ha).

    I just figure that my taxes are going to things I support, like my local national forest. It may not do any good to think that way but at least it lowers my blood pressure!

    ReplyDelete