Friday, September 17, 2010

Long Time No See!

Hi everyone! It's been way too long since I last posted anything here. Time flies when you're having fun, I suppose! I wanted to post a quick update tonight, while I had a little time.

First I want to express my regret that I did not post anything regarding September 11th. I had planned to, but that day was really hard for me. I did not lose anyone that I knew in the attacks, but it still really gets to me, especially with my family's direct connection to the aviation industry. I was in 3rd grade in 2001; I really didn't understand what really happened, what was lost, and what was really attacked that day. Every year since I find myself reading more and more in depth about 9/11, looking at pictures, watching videos. Sounds morbid, maybe, but I think it's my way of understanding, and not forgetting. And I'll admit, I usually cry every year on September 11th. I'll also admit that I can be rather emotional, so I can only imagine the utter devastation and emptiness that families of victims experienced and are reminded of every day. President George W. Bush summed it up best, "... for those of us who lived through these events, the only marker we’ll ever need is the tick of a clock at the 46th minute of the eighth hour of the 11th day." Regardless of your opinions of GWB, read his speech to Congress and the American people... http://www.greatdreams.com/bush_speech_92001.htm .

Never forget.

On a lighter note, (sort of) I want to share something with you that I have found interesting.

For a man that has proved to be so, so skilled in reading off a teleprompter, he may have slipped up this time. Or did he? I'm not sure. But it's awful fishy to me. In a speech to the "Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute" he started quoting the Declaration of Independence (wow--didn't see that one coming). Now let's see how many of you are history nerds. Choose the phrase that is correct (aka exact text of the Declaration of Independence)...

A: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

B: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are crated equal. Endowed with certain inalienable rights: life and liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.”

Which one did Mr. O use? Guess. B.

He omitted the word "creator." Go figure. Watch the video for yourself...


This just sounds a little fishy to me. First of all, if I were president, and I forgot the lines of one of--if not the--most important statements in all of American history, I would die of embarrassment. I would, I'd just die. If you're President, you might want to know what our founding documents say. (But, that's right, Obama is the one that said our Constitution is "flawed"...) And if he just chose to leave the word "creator" out... hmmm. And we all know his talent for reading teleprompters.
(http://www.theblaze.com/stories/revisionist-recitation-obama-omits-creator-while-quoting-declaration/)

That's all for tonight... I hope to post again soon. In the meantime, check out TheBlaze.com for some really revealing stories everyday... it's where I found the one posted above. Have a great week!!

“The man who fears no truth has nothing to fear from lies.” -Thomas Jefferson

5 comments:

  1. Seriously, please get over yourself, believe it or not you are not the smartest person in the world. Just wanted to get you the memo cause you seemed to have missed out on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous, I appreciate your visit to my blog; and personal attacks are the best indication to me that I am striking a nerve with my writing. However, I avoid personal attacks when I write, such as the one you just posted, so I ask my readers to do the same. If you'd like to debate something I've written, then lets go right ahead and have a factual, decent discussion through comments.

    Just want to make sure you "get the memo" on this one...thanks to that lovely document called the Constitution, I still have every right to maintain and update this blog with the opinions and beliefs and facts that I feel appropriate. I just don't want you to miss out on any of our First Amendment rights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You kind of contradicted yourself here though. You said that you avoid personal attacks in your posts. Hate to break it to you, but the end of this blog is the definition of a "personal attack."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous, not really... she was just commenting on Obama's lack of respect for what our Founding documents REALLY SAY and his negligence for omitting one of the most crucial words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to say I really admire how you handle rude people, Sarah. You will go far!

    ReplyDelete