Monday, August 30, 2010

Good Morning!

Hi everyone... I know it's not usually typical of me to post at such an early hour, but I have some free time here at school so I figured I'd make the most of it.

Over the weekend I'm hoping that you heard at least a little news blurb regarding the 8/28 Restoring Honor Rally in Washington D.C, instigated by Glenn Beck. I had the privilige of watching it on CSPAN and on the live stream on Facebook...to those of you that actually got to go, please send me an email or post a comment about your experience! Also, any pictures you have I would love for you to share.

In total, the rally raised over $5 MILLION for the Special Operations Warrior Foundation. If you've never heard of SOWF, PLEASE visit their website at www.specialops.org and help if you can. SOWF provides college educations to children of fallen special ops soldiers, and also immediate financial assistance to the wounded and their families. This was the reason for 8.28...restoring honor where it needed to be restored. In our military and veterans.

It was not one massive Tea Party protesting government spending, and I think that is what is throwing off the media. Most of the people there were there because they still believe in the greatness of their nation, and they believe that the days of America being the most free nation in the world, that city upon a hill, is not near finished.

Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, Alveda King (neice of Martin Luther King, Jr.) and various other speakers were present. Sarah Palin recognized three veterans. One of them was Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell. (A little off topic, but if you haven't read it yet, read Marcus's book, Lone Survivor. It will change your life. Seriously.)

From Glenn's website, here are a few pictures, and below his keynote speech.



















And Glenn's speech...


I personally got chills just watching the rally on TV and was near tears at times... whether we like it or not, America has been and, God willing, will continue to be a model nation for the world...a nation that puts God first, and a nation that recognized that rights were derived from God himself, not man. I feel like those in power right now are contradicting and straining to change that fact, and as Glenn said, we are going to have to first fix ourselves and turn back to God.

As I said, if anyone attended 8/28, please comment or send me an email or message! I'd love to hear about it. I have some great thoughts that I want to put into words here pretty soon... so keep checking back and reading PDP. Have a great day!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

  1. *** Note: the video linke I posted is a continuing feed of Glenn's radio broadcasts as well... so to see the 8/28 speech, click the arrow on the middle of the left hand side twice and it should you to that video.

    ReplyDelete