Friday, November 11, 2011

Love your freedom? Thank a Veteran!



On the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month in 1918, the "Great War", World War I, ended... and November 11th was known as Armistice Day until after World War II and the Korean War, when it became Veteran's Day.

Today isn't just another Friday--it's a day to pause a reflect upon the selfless service of our men and women who have given so much to protect and defend our country and our freedom, past and present. I'd like to dedicate this post to those men and women, and say THANK YOU for your devotion to our country and defending our way of life!

So, to every American soldier out there: Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for believing in a cause greater than yourself, and thank you for being willing to put your life on hold and on the line to defend our country. Thank you for willingly sacrificing the comforts of civilian life to protect and defend that way of life. Thank you for believing in the principles this nation was founded on, and believing in them enough to devote your life to defending them.

I love my freedom and I NEVER take it for granted because I know the price of that freedom. I pray that other Americans realize the same and I thank each and every one of you who has ever worn the uniform of the Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines, National Guard, Reserves for their dedication and sacrifice for the United States of America.

I thank our veterans, but I also want to thank their families. I cannot imagine the fear of watching a loved one leaving for a deployment, the emptiness felt at family gatherings when that person cannot be there because he/she is overseas, or the pain and anguish of receiving word that that loved one has paid the ultimate price for their country. So to all of you military wives, husbands, kids, parents, siblings, etc... thank you as well!

Today, take a minute of your day to thank a veteran. Do something to show that you, as an American, are grateful of the sacrifices made to ensure your way of life is protected. If you love your freedom, thank a veteran!

No comments:

Post a Comment