Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Obama loves Christmas... trees.

I have a lot of homework I could be doing but couldn't resist sounding off on just another one of the Obama administration's laughable schemes, and this time its a tax on live Christmas trees.

Obama loves Christmas so much, he's going to boost the whole Christmas tree industry by slapping a 15 cent tax (they'd rather call it a "fee") on Christmas trees to tree sellers. But wait--this isn't just any tax, like the many others that go to the federal government so they can spend it frivolously. Every 15 cents will go to the newly formed Christmas Tree Promotion Board... a program intended to help the promotion and marketing of live Christmas trees. I'm not kidding.

Unemployment: 9%
National Debt: almost $15 trillion
Relationships with other foreign world powers: Shaky.
US Christmas tree industry: Flourishing!

I am almost at a loss for words with this administration (note: almost). Their idea of leadership gets more bizarre everyday. Is this seriously the best thing the administration can come up with? Our country's economy is at one of the most fragile and weak states it has ever been in throughout it's short history, and we are worried about Christmas tree sales. I love Christmas as much as the next person. But a REAL leader who has their priorities in order is desperately needed in this country.

Someone give me one good reason why Obama deserves my, or your, vote in 2012. I can't even imagine, nor do I want to, what this group of buffoons will do to our country if they are in power four more years.

On that note... have a nice Wednesday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment